Wednesday 7 July 2010

Cyclechic's little black book: Cyclelab, Shoreditch


A new cycle repair workshop has popped up in our neighourhood and our friend Matt has been down with his poorly bike to check it out...

There’s a new bike shop / juice bar in Shoreditch called cyclelab My bike badly needed a service so I booked it in on Friday. They took it on Monday rather than saying “come back in 2 weeks”, which was a good start. It got better: I was offered a free coffee, and the guys there are very friendly. The quote for a service (new chain, new cables, new brake pads and general sorting out) came to £90. On Monday afternoon I picked up my bike and the bill was for £78. The bike is running better than when I bought it. It’s the best service I’ve ever had. They’re a little independent shop, and I highly highly recommend them if you ever go anywhere near Shoreditch.

3 comments:

Samantha Alsbury said...

Sounds fab.

I personally always go to bicycle magic on greatorex street off whitechapel high street - always do a fantastic job and are very friendly and helpful, admittedly no free coffee.

BTW your follow us on twitter link doesn't seem to work anymore. Does that mean you are no longer on twitter?

Unknown said...

I got new tyres and pedals at Cyclelab a few weeks ago - they were great and came in as cheaper than my local bike shop in West London, quick and friendly same day service, would really recommend.

Unknown said...

Got new tyres and pedals at Cyclelab a few weeks ago, great friendly, same day service and cheaper than my local shop in West London. Would definately recommend.