Tuesday 25 May 2010

Profile: Christa Clark Jones of Bike by the Sea


During my visit to Santa Barbara, I had the pleasure of catching up with Christa, writer of the blog bike by the sea and organiser the Santa Barbara Cycle Chic show.

Caz:What bike do you ride?
Christa: Red Electra Amsterdam

Caz: Why do you cycle?
Christa: Many reasons - health, community, financial, fun - but I'm mainly interested in observing the urban environment.  I'm most fascinated with sustainable urban design and cycling is my favorite way to explore Livable Cities.

Caz: What's the best thing about cycling in Santa Barbara?
Christa: It's sunny almost every day in Santa Barbara.  There are some beautiful bike paths along the ocean.  It's stunning!  Also, since it's a small town, I love seeing friends and familiar faces while cycling.  It's easy to stop and have a conversation.

Caz:Have you noticed a rise in women cycling in Santa Barbara?
Christa: Compared with many North American cities, Santa Barbara has a high cycling rate, but there is a growing bicycle culture.  I see more women cyclists on a variety of practical urban bicycles including electric and Dutch bikes.

Caz: What's your favourite outfit to cycle in?
Christa: I enjoy cycling in classic dresses and heels.  Lately, I've been wearing a lovely straw hat and it's just tight enough so that it won't fly off while cycling.

3 comments:

Christa said...

Thank you, Caz.

Would love to explore London on bike!

Caz said...

No worries Christa. Don't hesitate to get in touch if you are ever in London!

MELI. said...

LOVELY!!! such a classy lady :D