Friday 7 March 2008

Fancy Folding?


Folding bikes are great for jet-setters like the lovely Dawn Porter pictured above. You can fold them up and take them on a train, plane, boat, coach… unfold and cycle away at the other end.

They are also great for the social butterfly as you can take them into pubs and bars and pop them under your table or, if going the the Theatre, put them in the cloakroom

They are also the perfect option if you commute into London from Brighton or somewhere similar that’s just too far to cycle everyday. Take them on the train with you and then cycle to the office and avoid the overcrowded tubes.

The Brompton seems to be the ‘daddy’ of the commuting folders. Incredibly well crafted, they fold and unfold in 15 seconds and will last you many years if looked after well. Phoenix cycles in Battersea, have a fantastic range of Bromptons in an assortment of colours from baby pink and blue to more elegant cream and royal blue to outspoken bright orange and green. Another good shop for folders is On your bike which also sells slightly cheaper brands such as Dahon’s.

6 comments:

Velorution said...

But does Phoenix have the cool colour combinations shown at Velorution, such as:
ivory/cornflower
yellow/apple
black/yellow2pBKFpRr
orange/silver
blue/cornflower
ivory/red
...
let your imagination run.

Unknown said...

I got my pick one from Velorution. It is such a fun shop. If I didnt have the pink, I think I would have either the bottle green and red, or the bright orange...

Caz said...

OOh Ivory and cornflower sounds superb, you must send me a jpeg or link Andrea.

Caz said...

Hi Dawn - Yes I'm digging the bright orange too and I quite like the cream...

misssable said...

I have a red Dahon, I love my folding bike! It's so functional!

Campfire said...

There is a bright orange Brompton on Ebay just now - JUICY.

Try a Birdy!